How far in advance do I need to book my session?
That’s going to depend on a few things:
- what product(s) are you getting (different products and labs have different production and shipping times)
- are we coming up on a major holiday? (near major holidays my workload is larger, lab production times get longer, and sometimes shipping takes longer)
- are you willing to pay a rush fee? (most of the labs I deal with will put you at the head of the production line for a rush fee, and I’m happy to do the same; there’s also the option for overnight or second-day air delivery from the lab)
If you don’t want to pay rush fees, it’s usually best to book at least 4-6 weeks before you need physical products.
Digital orders can be turned around much more quickly, and can be delivered in 2 weeks without rush fees (may require additional time near major holidays).
If you’re a last-minute type of shopper, don’t worry: I AM happy to do very last-minute sessions as long as my schedule allows! Give me a call and we can discuss how to make it happen for you, no matter how short your deadline.
Do you have a studio?
No, I don’t have a studio (and you don’t want me to…). I’m inspired and energized by new locations. When I’m inspired and energized, I get excited. When I get excited we have a lot of fun. When we have a lot of fun we get amazing photos. We want amazing photos, so….
Where will my session took place?
We can do your photo session pretty much wherever you want to, as long as it’s someplace we’re allowed to be.
I love, love, love shooting outdoors, and we have lots of places all over the Metroplex where we can meet. If you prefer an indoor location, we can shoot in your home, or wherever else works for you.
What about hair and make up? Do I have to have them done? Can I do my own? Do I have to use your stylists?
You don’t have to have your hair and makeup done if you don’t want to—I’m more than happy to shoot you barefaced if you want me to—but if having them done will help you feel more confident, it’s definitely a good idea to have them done.
As for using my stylists vs others: I use the stylists that I use because I know they know how to do makeup that will look good on camera. If you have someone that you trust to do your face and/or hair before a photo session that you’re spending so much money on, please feel free to use them instead, even if that person is you. (But please be aware that if extra editing is required because of makeup/hair styling done by somebody else, there will be an additional charge for that editing.)
What’s included in the price?
All of my sessions include:
- pre-shoot consultation
- photo shoot at your location (length depends on your package)
- same-day image viewing and ordering (if you book a full-day session, we can wait until the next day if you prefer)
- images sized for sharing online
- half and full-day sessions also include professional hair and makeup